As small island nations develop their identity and shift toward self-governance, the focus will be around the governance structures and governance practices that best empower small island nations to develop.
- What governance structure best empowers local communities to develop?
- What is the best form of governance for small island developing states (SIDS)?
To be imbedded in the study are the following questions:
- What form of governance best suits a small island nation in crisis?
- Has the government structure adopted in 2010 effectively improved the governance of Curaçao?
- What sort of electoral rules and representative institutions are most conducive to democracy and stability in societies that are separated or at-odds along ethnic, religious or linguistic lines?